Handwriting Without Tears
Children who have mastered handwriting are better, more creative writers. The earlier we teach children to master handwriting, the more likely they are to succeed in
school, and write with speed and ease in all subjects. The Handwriting Without Tears program offers a wonderful website for parents.
It's a fact:
- Research shows that handwriting is a foundational skill that can influence student’s reading, writing, language use, and critical thinking (Saperstein Associates
- When children practice printing by hand, their neural activity is far more enhanced and “adult-like” (Bounds 2010).
- Research states that learning how to write by hand is a necessary motor exercise (Saperstein Associates 2012; James and Gauthier 2006; James 2012; Berninger
- Children consistently do better writing with a pen. They write more and they write faster (Berninger 2009).
The Handwriting Without Tears® curriculum draws from years of research to provide developmentally appropriate, multisensory tools and strategies for your classroom.
See why it works:
- The HWT teaching orders move from writing readiness in Pre-K, to printing and cursive. The scope and sequence of lessons is based on research about how children
- The HWT program follows research that states children learn more effectively by actively doing, and by using the different senses.
- The HWT unique physical approach addresses posture, grip, and paper positioning.